hb1 Neck Set
How do I check the firmware version of my hb1?
To do this, you must enter the "Service Mode" of the hb1. Please be careful!!
- First unplug the USB cable from the hb1. While holding down the black button and plug in the USB cable again. Release the black button! Now you see "vrS" on the hb1 display; this means "version".
- Press the rotary encoder once. The display shows now the firmware version number. For example, 3.27 or 3.2C ... or another number.
- Press the black button repeatedly until "End" appears on the display.
- Now press the rotary encoder one time and the hb1 will restart .... finished !!!!!
How do I get the "hb1Control" Firmware Chip Upgrade Kit - Version 3.2I?
The latest firmware is available for free for all customers of Hornberg Research.
Please click on the link below and fill in the following request form:
How do I perform the firmware upgrade?
If you use the "hb1Control" app for the first time, you should write down your hb1 presets, since all presets are lost during the chip change. For this purpose you can download a fillable PDF form:
hb1 Parameter sheet for 25 Presets
Popular 1.5 MB
If you already use the "hb1Control" app, please make sure that you perform the "Save all presets to file" function before the chip change.
Afterwards, first look at the video guide below! Following step by step this video you have to perform exactly the chip upgrade and calibration of the hb1.
Important: If you are not confident about this chip change, or if you encounter any difficulties, you can write us an e-mail and arrange a Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangouts video appointment. We will be glad to assist you with the upgrade.
Preparation of the hb1 before you install the "hb1Control" app
After successful firmware upgrade to version 3.2I (see above), you must connect the "MIDI in" of the hb1 to the "MIDI out2" of the hb1 using the included MIDI patch cable.
Important NOTE: While using the hb1Control app, this MIDI patch cable must be connected!
Download and install the "hb1Control" app1. Click on the download link below:
Mac Installer for "hb1Control" App / Mac OS X 10.8 (or later) - 32/64 bit
Popular 1.1.0 21.47 MB
3. Reminder: Before you can launch the "hb1Control" app, the "MIDI in" of the hb1 must be connected to the "MIDI out2" of the hb1. (See above: "Preparing hb1 before you start the hb1Control app installation")
Download and install the "hb1Control" app1. Disconnect the hb1 from your computer!
2. Click on the download link below:
Windows Installer for "hb1Control" App / Windows 7 (or later) - 32/64 bit
Popular 1.1.1 19.17 MB
4. If a message occurs: e.g. "Do you want to allow this software to make changes to this computer from an unknown publisher?" Then click "Allow".
5. Follow the instructions on the screen. During installation, the hb1 MIDI Multi Client driver is also available for installation. Please install this, too. So you can use the hb1 at the same time with several programs.
6. After completing the installation, please re-connect the hb1 to your computer.
7. Reminder: Before you can launch the "hb1Control" app, the "MIDI in" of the hb1 must be connected to the "MIDI out2" of the hb1. (See above: "Preparing hb1 before you start the hb1Control app installation")
With questions to hb1 MIDI Breath Station mail or call us:
phone: +49 (0) 7171 87 88 47
Dealers in the EU (excluding France) please contact:
Dealers in North America please contact:
phone: +1 800-747-4546
Dealers in France please contact:
3, rue de Téhéran
75008 - Paris
Tél : +33 (0)1 40 76 06 24
GSM : +33 (0)6 63 55 96 49
Fax : +33 (0)1 40 76 17 45